One Nation One Card launched
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a new initiative called ‘One Nation One Card’ in order to make it easier for citizens to pay for public transport. The One Nation One Card will help the citizens to pay for all types of public transport along with other services. The card is National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) compliant and is also powered by RuPay card payment scheme by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Here is all that you need to know about this One Nation One Card.
- This RuPay card can be issued in the form of debit, credit or prepaid card of a partner bank.
- Just like a regular debit or credit card, the RuPay One Nation One Card is a contactless card, similar to a metro rail smart card.
- You need to contact your bank to get the RuPay One Nation One Card with National Common Mobility Card support.
- The RuPay Contactless Card with National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) support will be available with over 25 banks including SBI, PNB and others.
- The One Nation One Card can be issued from Paytm Payments Bank as well.
- This RuPay card can be used for shopping as well as for paying directly on public transport like buses, metro and more.
- According to a tweet by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Govt. of India, the card can be used across the metro, BRT, city bus, suburban rail and more.
- The One Nation One Card can also be used to pay for parking and tolls as well.
- This initiative is supported by indigenously developed Automatic Fare Collection Gate ‘Swagat’ and an Open Loop Automatic Fare Collection System called ‘Sweekar’.
- Users can also avail 5% cashback at ATMs and 10% cashback at merchant outlets when they travel abroad.
- This RuPay card is also accepted at Discover and Diners Club International merchants and ATMs.